Edinburgh Jewish Studies is a network of research scholars active at the University of Edinburgh. We also have a wider circle of associates from across the central belt of Scotland.
The network is based on the following shared values:
- inter- and multi-disciplinarity.
- a focus on the study of Jewish cultures & literatures in a range of contexts.
- a focus on the study of Jews and representations of Jews in and through encounters with other aspects of culture and society.
These values are reflected in the events associated with the network, and they are core aspects of the projects of our members.
Our network activities include academic seminars and lectures, workshops, and public engagement. Our members engage in research projects and teaching activities related to the network’s values.
Our aims include
- nurturing of interdisciplinary scholarship across the broad field of Jewish Studies.
- contributing to the future of Jewish Studies in the UK in close relation to leading national subject associations.
- growing the reputation of the University of Edinburgh as a key international hub for research, teaching, and outreach relating to Jewish history, cultures, literatures, and religion.
Edinburgh Jewish Studies Network is supported by an Astaire Jewish Studies Network Award.
You must be logged in to post a comment.